[ExI] Digestive adaptations

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Apr 20 23:12:50 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of J. Stanton
Subject: [ExI] Digestive adaptations

Spike wrote:

>> What do you think of my notion that human groups radiated long enough
>> ago that some (limited) digestive system adaptations and genetic drift
have had time to occur...

>...You're absolutely correct -- just in regard to different issues.

>...Classic example 1 is celiac.  There is genetic evidence for this in the
MHC gene complex: the HLA haplotypes associated with celiac are less common
among populations that have been agriculturalists for longer...JS

Cool thanks J.

You, Harvey, Max More and others here are my new food hipsters.  One of
these days I will say to myself something like the classic "If I had known I
was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."