[ExI] Unjustified invasion of Iraq

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:34:30 UTC 2011

On 25 April 2011 14:36, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:

> I recall very clearly that there was a point, early on, when Bush was
> beating on the drum to try to get everyone to agree that there were WMD over
> in Iraq, and the CIA produced a quiet assessment which surprised a lot of
> people:  Tenet said to a House committee that he didn't really see much
> evidence pointing in that direction.  The communist american media such as
> NPR ;-) made a point of noticing this.

I believe to remember that in the period concerned there were also rumours
that Bush himself had vast arsenals of WMDs at his fingertips, as, say,
nukes plus ICBMs. Strangely enough, it does not appear that any military
attack to the metropolitan US territory ever took place as a consequence,
unless of course one considers 9/11 in that light.

--
Stefano Vaj