[ExI] PaleoCRON?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:49:43 UTC 2011

On 26 April 2011 15:40, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is that Stefano? Living long enough to enjoy the transhumanist
> future seems like it would be the transhumanist way. What am I missing
> here?

Nothing wrong of course in having such a wish, as it may be the case
for, e.g., cryonic tourists. Nor, say, in adopting even far-fetched,
experimental or high-risk life-extension, rejuvenation, or, for that
matter, enhancement, strategies.

What I would contend does not sound not very transhumanist IMHO is
accepting an *aggravation* of the current limits of human performance
in exchange for some marginal increase of one's lifespan as if it were
an uncondtional bargain.

If anything, I would feel more inclined to jump on technologies and
strategies which promise to push such limits further away even at the
risk of being the proverbial candle burning at both end (see the
Forbidden Planet or Blade Runner).

--
Stefano Vaj