[ExI] Status as human motivator

Jones Murphy morphy at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 26 17:55:31 UTC 2011

Keith, we've been over this many times before(I'm Jonesey from
#extropy chat), and so I'm surprised to see you regurgitating this
kind of stuff once again. The enormous spread in the degree to which
women are involved in science across societies in the world today,
plus the incredible velocity with which those degrees have changed
just in the past century alone, lays waste to any sort of attempts at
evolutionary explanations. Give it up.

That list of possible jobs for scientists is hopelessly incomplete.
LOTS of scientists go onto Wall St(as I have), do MBA's and go into
business(not necessarily "industry") in general, etc etc.