[ExI] PaleoCRON?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:04:04 UTC 2011

On 26 April 2011 21:04, Jones Murphy <morphy at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Agreed, Stefano, that Paleo does cut calories relative to typical
> modern diets. Most people do not have anywhere near the genetic
> potential of an Olympic athlete, so I'm not clear why that's the
> standard you hold CR in particular to...? If you have miserable
> athletic potential to start with, why would you care about sacrificing
> athletic performance to spend more than marginally more years in
> comfort down the road? CR yields about 1% lifespan per 1% reduction in
> calorie intake, up to well over 60% in the studies of animals. That
> ain't marginal my friend, esp considering the quality of life, late in
> life.

Let me rephrase. Any CR which does not impact on your own potential
performance and resilience (OK, let us exclude from our priorities the
ability of living as long as possible on our body fat) in any sense is
fine to me.

In fact, I would expect the purpose of any dietary style or
supplementation to *maximise* them.

Within such limits, I wonder if the break even point really requires
any deliberate, that is "unnatural". substantial restriction.

--
Stefano Vaj