[ExI] How slow is capitalism?

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Apr 29 13:41:18 UTC 2011

Il 27/04/2011 08:41, Keith Henson ha scritto:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Jones Murphy
> <morphy at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
>> Keith, you're sounding like the old-school manual traders who hate
>> program trading as much as you do. How slow do trades need to be
>> before you'll consider them capitalism?

> You can call it capitalism if you want and I will call it a colossal
> waste of talent.

Is there something that cause this waste of talents?
Like regulations that make financial trading more rewarding that
building things.
What regulations can we take away that will return people from financial
to R&D?
If in a free market they were anyway requested by the financial firms
and paid enough to take them away from the R&D, they would satisfy a
real need. If they are there only because the regulations make the
financial sector more rewarding, then we are subsiding the financials
sector.

Mirco