[ExI] Efficiency of algorithmic trading

Jones Murphy morphy at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 29 18:11:48 UTC 2011

2011/4/29 Mr Jones <mrjones2020 at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Jones Murphy <morphy at alumni.caltech.edu>
> wrote:
>>
>> Mr. Jones, your name is impressive, but your argument is not. If what
>> you're saying is true, how do you explain the dramatic redistribution
>> of wealth from rich to poor which occurred from FDR-Carter(scroll down
>> to see the graph of the % of America's wealth held by the top 1%):
>>
>> http://extremeinequality.org/?page_id=8
>
> To which I direct you
> here. http://www.stanford.edu/group/scspi/cgi-bin/facts.php

You just directed me to even more documentation that the current
record-breaking concentration of wealth and opportunity is not
permanent, but is a product of the Reagan legacy, which has reversed
the FDR legacy and then some. Thanks! So public policy does matter.
You rest my case.

>> And do you seriously believe that Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich and
>> the Progressive Caucus(about 30% of Dems) are just like the Dems on
>> their right, or even worse the Republicans?
>
> There are a few who're worth their weight, but most politicians are
> incompetent at best; most tend towards Sociopath.  Those few (Kucinich et
> al) are often ineffectual against said moneyed interests (Koch bros, AIPAC,
> Big Corps, etc).

The progressive pols are ineffectual because they are now vastly
outnumbered, thanks to the voters, fewer than 20% of whom now consider
themselves progressives. That's not a problem with politicians. It's a
problem with the electorate.