[ExI] How to join Google+

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 10:16:32 UTC 2011

Mike Elgan has made available a lot of invites to the new Google+ system

<http://mike.elgan.com/post/8664902216/your-invitation-to-google>

The article contains info about people to follow and hints on using the system.

Quote:
Instead of saying, “I’m going to write a blog post now,” or “I’m going
to send an e-mail” or “I think I’ll tweet something” you simply say
what you have to say, then decide who you’re going to say it to.

If you address it to “Public,” it’s a blog post.

If you address it to “Your Circles” it’s a tweet.

If you address it to your “My Customers” Circle it’s a business newsletter.

If you address it to a single person, it can be a letter to your mother.

I’d say this is pretty revolutionary.

Google+ is nothing less than the future of the Internet. It’s not a
“social network” like Facebook, but a “social layer” for the whole
Internet. I’ve already predicted that it renders Twitter obsolete. And
it’s the solution for the millions of people who are tired of
Facebook’s Wall spam, censorship, privacy violations and all the rest.