[ExI] [GRG] NewAbs: The Phenotype of IQ is Polygenic x 1, 000 Genes

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 00:50:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> years ago, if treated respectfully by the young, were beneficial in our
> preliterate EEA. If the maintenance cost of retaining full memory in old age
> is too great, perhaps early memories are given special care by the brain?

Are they special in any other way than their relative novelty at the
time of encoding?

Suppose your daily grind.  Not much new happens, so there's not a lot
of "fresh" learning.  I kidnap you and take you to a new country that
doesn't speak your language and leave you without money, without
passport and without internet access.  You're smart enough to find
your way home.  40 years later, I bet you are able to recover with
surprising detail the travails of your ordeal.

??