[ExI] Captchas

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Sat Aug 13 15:34:42 UTC 2011

Spike wrote:

>Indulge me, I have a funny Donald Knuth story.  GIMPS found a record prime,

Curious coincidences with your story: Two of the people I went to
grad school with were Cathy Knuth (not sure what the relationship
was, but she *was* a CS major, and around the right age to be
his daughter or niece) and David Slowinski (who was able to find
all those Mersenne primes because he had a job at Cray exercising
the new supercomputers). Our AI professor (and my doctoral advisor)
was Larry Page's father.

All at little Moo U. At the same time that Magic Johnson was there,
too. I ran into Slowinski again when I was at Livermore.

-- David.