[ExI] Old still true

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Aug 14 19:09:29 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Keith Henson
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 11:12 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: [ExI] Old still true

On another list I post on someone commented:

>> I'm not concerned about 2000. I'm concerned about 2012.

>...With good reason.

>...I have made a case (Evolutionary psychology, memes and the origin of
war) that evolutionary selection in the stone age is behind popular support
for irrational leadership...Keith

Oy vey, ja.  Add to that all the weird game theory involved in democracy,
where for instance partisans of one party enroll in the competing party and
intentionally support extremist candidates that are unelectable.  I think I
see that happening now.