[ExI] Captchas

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:06:46 UTC 2011

John, your electron quip is poorly made.  Your electron X will never effect
Y because to effect is "to bring about" and that sort of thing does not
happen.  I can guarantee that your electron has *affected* the other because
that means "to cause a change." The verb "affect" means something like "to
effect (v) an effect (n) on an affect (n); or, to bring about a change in
status.  Thanks.

On Aug 15, 2011 1:31 AM, "Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

On 8/14/2011 11:48 PM, john clark wrote:

>  >  " I probably wouldn't hire someone "whose non-standa...
When you can't win us over with the lexical power of your intellect, you
turn to charm?

Damien Broderick