[ExI] Captchas

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 21:47:27 UTC 2011

2011/8/13 spike <spike66 at att.net>:

>>“…I would rather piss on a spark plug than…”
>
> This comment reminded me of a funny story.  Do indulge me, for I am in a
> mood for funny stories.

I am a big fan of Mythbusters, primarily because it's so fun to watch
a group of people who so obviously are enjoying what they are doing.
The science is often a bit iffy, but that's not why I watch the show.
I knew they had the frozen turkey thing wrong the first time, but I
couldn't explain EXACTLY why... anyway, when I saw the peeing on the
rail sequence, I had to laugh at least to some extent because of an
experience that I had as a youth. My brother and I were hired to put
up a barb wire fence for a doctor who thought he wanted to be a farmer
too... At one point, my brother relieved himself on a nearby extant
fence that had an electric line. When he hit the electric line (which
was not at ground level, probably contributing to the fact that the
stream had not yet broken up), the effect was that he immediately
collapsed into a rather noisy pile of pure pain looking something like
a fetus. It took him nearly 20 minutes to recover to the point that he
could continue working. It took the rest of us nearly as long to
recover from the laughing fit that we broke into when we realized what
he had done.

The fact that the farmer was a doctor relates to a different part of
the story where he stitched up a boy that ripped his arm open
installing the fence up a little hill. Barb wire is harder to install
on hills, (seems like that should be part of the common sense
database)... Now why would a doctor be carrying a stitching kit in his
pocket??

-Kelly