[ExI] Discontent with the path physics is taking

Dennis May dennislmay at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 14:18:43 UTC 2011

Stefano Vaj wrote:

"Let us say that I am in principle wary of orthodoxies, of
byzantinisms and of putting all one's eggs in one basket,
and more confident in breakthroughs generated by grand
visions and revolutionary approaches."

Minor piecemeal innovation is the province of orthodoxies,
significant breakthroughs occur when individuals or small
groups generate "grand visions and revolutionary approaches."
This history of this is clear but orthodoxies have the tools
to gather funding far out of proportion to their value.

Dennis May