[ExI] ai class at stanford

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Aug 23 23:36:05 UTC 2011

Cool my Norvig textbook arrived today.

Object oriented coding hipsters please: if I have a spreadsheet that can be
called from a macro within that sheet, how is that any different from a user
defined function?  I recognize that the macro cannot be separated from the
spreadsheet, so in that sense it isn't portable code.  But if you have VBA
macro code which calculates a value, pastes it into a particular sheet in
which you have created a model in that sheet, then does a calculate, then
copies a different cell in that sheet, then that sheet within the workbook
would fit the definition of either an object or as a user defined function?
So in that loose sense, a spreadsheet with macros could be considered an
object oriented language, ja?