[ExI] diamond planet

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Aug 26 15:57:17 UTC 2011

... On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Subject: Re: [ExI] diamond planet

> Subject: [ExI] diamond planet
>
>>...http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110825141632.htm

>...The article only suggests there's evidence for crystalline carbon.  Why
couldn't it be graphite?

The kinds of pressure found in stars forms diamond.  It is more dense than
graphite.

>>>...If the relative rarity of this configuration is evidence of
engineering,

>>... The relative rarity of this configuration is not evidence of
engineering.  On the contrary, it seems reasonable to assume that anything
that can
> be engineered should be common.

>...Assuming intelligent life is common...

Intelligence on this one example of a planet is now on the verge of
colonizing the entire galaxy.  We could have that task started in the next
thousand years and finished within a few million.  If we are the only ones
here, that would in some ways actually make it easier.