[ExI] 21 scientific research projects starting this fall that could change the world

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 04:42:02 UTC 2011

2011/8/26 Keith Veronese <veronesepk at gmail.com>:
> I agree, transhuman projects need more funding, but the establishment of the
> NSF Engineering Center for
> Sensorimotor Neural Engineering does lend it some credibility and bring it
> away from the fringes. It's a first big step - it's going to take a
> phenomenal amount of corporate and government funding, but this is one way
> for the movement to build in the time being.

When practical applications become sufficiently possible that those
without vision can see the benefits, then a lot of money will end up
being spent on transhumanist projects. There's just too much money in
it for them to ignore. But work on it too soon, and you lose the
opportunity to be successful. So don't sweat it, these things will be
developed as they are possible for a finite amount of money.

I mean, we have a 120 Petabyte hard drive being built!!! This stuff is
coming down the pipe guys... don't worry that it doesn't look like
it's just around the corner.

-Kelly