[ExI] turing test, was: RE: ai class at stanford

G. Livick glivick at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 30 06:31:42 UTC 2011

Hey, I found a really large database of knowledge designed just for
computers:  http://researchcyc.cyc.com/
As for programming, a no-brainer is the free IDE/Compiler/Linker from
MS:
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express.
The latest has 32 and 64 bit installations, and a whole lot of free
stuff to use.  I've used this platform for years (in various
iterations), both professionally and for my robot stuff; it's simple to
get going and make things happen, although the user manuals and
explanations of the various APIs SUCK IMHO.

Shall we expect something to emerge from your development platform in
time to keep us company on those long, cold, rainy nights coming up soon?

With a slight tug on the leg of Spike,

FutureMan