[ExI] turing test, was: RE: ai class at stanford

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Aug 30 16:17:49 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] turing test, was: RE: ai class at stanford

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 3:52 PM, spike wrote:

>> ...  For instance, is there a way to filter "ai class at stanford" but
not "RE: turing test, was: RE: ai class at stanford"  ?

>Yes, you should be able to set up a filter like that.

>One way is to specify Subject must contain the words     'ai class at
stanford'
AND Subject must NOT contain the words       'was'

>(No quotes when setting up the filter)

>Though that would have missed G. Livick's post as he didn't use 'was'.

Thanks, but then Adrian and you found a way.  Just take out or intentionally
misspell the word Stanford, so that if you wander off, you could just label
it "ai class."  Then it would be subject to the usual posting limit
guidelines, and all is fair game.  As you suggested, BillK, it can be set up
to filter a post only if it contains both "ai" and Stanford, and always keep
any post which contains the word "was" anywhere in the subject line.
Furthermore, with this pool of hipsters, I am most confident you guys can do
it.  For myself I don't want to filter any of the ai class discussion, but I
want those who are not interested in that to be free.

>Can't win 'em all.  :)  BillK

Hmm, on the contrary, if we are sufficiently clever, we can win em all,
every game every time.  {8-]