[ExI] 10 mega construction projects that could save the environment and the economy

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sun Dec 4 01:03:05 UTC 2011

Keith Henson wrote:
> Lunar ring is a variation on space based solar power, usually based in
> GEO.  I see it as a factor of ten more expensive per kW, but have
> never actually done the numbers and have never seen anywhere where
> they have been done.

Think they are in Criswell's original paper. In this paper
"Lunar Solar Power System: Industrial Research, Development, and
Demonstration"
http://www.agci.org/dB/PDFs/03S2_DCriswell_LSP.pdf
he estimates it as 1.4, 0.2 and 0.06 dollar per kWe depending on expansion.

Found some related stuff:
http://www.aip.org/tip/INPHFA/vol-8/iss-5/p28.pdf
http://www.aip.org/tip/INPHFA/vol-8/iss-2/p12.pdf

--