[ExI] Wiki entry of Critical Theory of Posthumanism.

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 4 18:33:01 UTC 2011

On Sun, 12/4/11, Darren Greer <darren.greer3 at gmail.com> wrote:

 "I came across this:"
"The posthuman is a being that relies on context rather than relativity, on situated objectivity rather than universal objectivity, and on the creation of meaning through 'play' between constructions of informational pattern and reductions to the randomness of on-off switches, which are the foundation of digital binary systems" (Wikipedia entry on posthumanism)

"I think I may have some idea what they mean"
Then you're a better man than I am. This was obviously written by a professional philosopher and I love philosophy, but very little philosophy comes from philosophers, it comes from scientists and mathematicians. Nearly everything philosophers say can be put into one of four categories.

1) False
2) True but obvious, a truism disguised in opaque language.
3) True and deep but discovered first and explained better by someone who didn't write "philosopher" in the box labeled "occupation" on his tax form.
4) So bad its not even wrong.
"This is why I never took philosophy in college."
If you had taken philosophy in college it would not have helped you understand what if anything the above turd poem means, but you would have learned how to write similar bafflegab of your own.

 John K Clark