[ExI] commentary by one of ours

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 23:32:10 UTC 2011

I do share a love of books with the rest of you, but only because I
grew up in the knowledge dark ages like the rest of you. The format
only makes sense in terms of wads of paper.

Certainly if it's non-fiction, in an abundant networked environment,
you want something entirely different. Wikis seem like the best model
to me, but anything hyperlinky, commentable, fixable by the readers,
mutable, is good.

For narrative fiction, they make some more sense, but still I'd prefer
my information searchable and indexed, containing links, commenting,
etc. Forkable. Mutable.

Books are knowledge prisons from out of the long ages of ignorance.