[ExI] New Horizons Becomes Closest Spacecraft to Approach Pluto

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 08:31:39 UTC 2011

________________________________
>From: Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com>
>To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
>Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:47 AM
>Subject: [ExI] New Horizons Becomes Closest Spacecraft to Approach Pluto
>

>http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/New_Horizons_Becomes_Closest_Spacecraft_to_Approach_Pluto_999.html

Amazing. Pluto won't even have completed one third of its orbit aroud the sun, since we first discovered it in 1930, before it encounters our spacecraft. From the perspective a of a human lifetime, 75 years might seem like a long time. But from Pluto's point of view, that's pretty darn fast.

Stuart LaForge

“Institutions will try to preserve the problem to which they are the solution." -Clay Shirky