[ExI] How do we construct workable institutions and ethical behaviors?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 18:01:33 UTC 2011

2011/12/6 Darren Greer <darren.greer3 at gmail.com>:
> I find it interesting that Marx and Engels predicated all of this in the
> section on capitalism in The Communist Manifesto.

In a way, yes.

In another, the developments currently in place are entirely different from
what they expected, because the real class struggle that industrial
capitalists (and old-style élites such as politicians, military, etc.) are
eventually losing is that against speculators and banker, that is orgs and
individuals dealing with the money *of others* and/or creating it ex
nihilo, an activity having little to do with basic, Marxian primary capital
accumulation.

Moreover, Marx and Engels remain squarely in the field of Enlightenment
values. Even though it may still be difficult to say what comes after, one
wonders whether the cycle of the latter may not eventually coming to an
end... In the interview published at http://www.biopolitix.com I try to
offer some tentative hypotheses of how posthuman-ist developments could be
conjugated with, and made possible by, a post-humanist worldview.

--
Stefano Vaj