[ExI] Ebooks Formats and ebook readers

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sat Dec 10 18:20:16 UTC 2011

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011, Stefano Vaj wrote:

> On 10 December 2011 00:53, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
>
> > Well, in some cases choosing a reader can be very hard.
> >

> Since as a transhumanist I would like to have my cake and eat it too, I
> really cannot accept to be forced to choose between e-ink and iPad-like
> displays.

One of my fav future techs is IMOD =

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interferometric_modulator_display ]

In theory, this has ability to become e-paper doing as many colors as one
wishes, just like current better (graphics/design grade) LCDs and more.
With all expected advantages of e-paper (low energy, print-like and so
on).

It is, however, few years before we will see anything like this in shops.
Or maybe we can see it next year, but not really affordable for book
reader.

But as a transhumanist, you should aim to make your own cakes and eating
them, or having them, whatever you want.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola