[ExI] Ebooks Formats and ebook readers

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Dec 10 19:13:17 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 04:17:33PM +0100, Anders Sandberg wrote:
> I am considering getting a reader so I donät have to drag so much
> cellulose with me everywhere I travel, but I have one constraint: I must
> be able to read PDFs with equations and diagrams (and ideally djvu too).

Do you have particular aversions against either Android or Apple?
A rooted/alternative firmware Android tablet works for me.
I would make sure to get a 10" and one with enough ppi, unfortunately
there's nothing better than a Nook color/tablet or Kindle Fire
out there. Next-generation tablets (due early 2012) will be much
better, though. Something Tegra 3 or A6 based should have ample
performance, too.

> Since this list community knows things, what are your recommendations?
> Get a general purpose pad with PDF reader, or is there some eink
> solution that actually works?

I'm not aware of any eInk solution that can do you want, including
scans and colors.