[ExI] How do we construct workable institutions and ethical behaviors?

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 22:59:32 UTC 2011

2011/12/11 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> Moreover, how would those issuing bad mortgage be "thieves"?

When people engage knowingly in illegal and unethical behavior
intended to enrich them while knowingly causing others financial loss,
that in my view is theft.

I am not impressed by legal trickery that allows someone to evade
responsibility for what any three-year old would know is wrong.
George Bush when challenged on his and Cheney's use of torture
famously said, "We followed the law."  Translation:  "My bought and
paid for lawyer said it was okay."

Not.

Bush/Cheney are torturers.  Wall Street et al are thieves.

Jeff Davis