[ExI] Origin of ethics and morals

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 20:24:50 UTC 2011

Keith Henson wrote:
Then recently some of our ancestors were heavily selected for economic
success.   (See Gregory Clark's work.)

I've heard a number of times that the modern-day Scandinavians are
definitely not the same people as their Viking ancestors, from roughly one
millennia ago.  The Swede of today (Anders being a prime example) is known
for their civility and friendliness, and not so much for "burning down your
town, killing you, and taking your valuables."  We all must hope Anders
never enters an isolation tank and regresses "Altered States" style into
being like his war-like ancestors...  But it would make for a very
interesting transhumanist conference!  ; )

John