[ExI] Moral and ethical rats.

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:01:57 UTC 2011

 Keith Henson posting:

> "Helping is our evolutionary inheritance," Mason told LiveScience.
> "Our study suggests that we don't have to cognitively decide to help
> an individual in distress; rather, we just have to let our animal
> selves express themselves."

I find it interesting that people will often use the expression,
"they acted like animals," to indicate acts of great brutality.  This post
has caused me to recall Carl Sagan discussing how a baboon troop leader
would charge a group of large dogs to protect a young one, or a female
chimp would patiently disarm a male who had hands full of rocks,
intended to be used as projectiles.

I wonder what we would be like if we were descended from reptiles? lol

John