[ExI] FW: Larry King wants to be cryopreserved

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Sun Dec 18 02:32:55 UTC 2011

The article in People left out much of the juice. I have my remote control
set to cycle between the news channels, and I often have news on while
I work. When I hit CNN, the topic in question was just beginning, so I
stayed with it.

It's not just that he wants cryonics.

He does not believe in an afterlife.

He wants to live forever.

He was asked but if you are revived in hundreds of years, all your
friends will be dead. His reply? I'll make new friends.

ISTM King is the most prominent person to publicly declare their
serious desire to be frozen. Is there anyone else faintly near his
name recognition? (Ted Williams's arrangements weren't public
until after his suspension.)

-- David.