[ExI] is a FTL drive a dream without any physics to back it up?

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 17:56:44 UTC 2011

2011/12/18 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>

> Mmhhh. I suppose that the space of evolutionary trajectories is so vast,
> that unless one considers an infinite, populated multiverse scenario, what
> has really happened as opposed to the range of what could have still
> maintains an interest.

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying here.  Could you expand a bit more?

One other thought while I wait, and this has been voiced by many others
including Sagan. The feedback mechanisms come through the process of
evolution itself. When the seeded planet(s) develop radio technology, then
the progenitors get interested, and know that phase one is complete.  Any
planet that didn't develop radio technology is considered a failure and
written off. We tend to think of projects of any sort on such small scales.
We haven't even mastered multi-generational work yet. Surely expanded
capacity to think includes expanded capacity to conceive. If you had the
capacity, such a feedback mechanism built into the system by evolution
itself would be far preferable to anything you could artificially design .

Darren