[ExI] Organization to 'Speed Up" Creation of AGI?

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 00:05:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

 There are easier and more

> straightforward ways to commit suicide as a species.

Ah yes, but would any of them be as fun? Your comments, Eugen, put me in
mind of a quote by George Steiner.

"We cannot turn back. We cannot choose the dreams of unknowing. We shall, I
expect, open the last door in the castle, even if it leads, perhaps *because
* it leads, on to realities which are beyond the reach of human
comprehension and control. And we shall do so with that desolate
clairvoyance, so marvelously rendered in Bartok's music, because opening
doors is the tragic merit of our identity."

Cheery thought for the day.

Darren