[ExI] The Catholic Impact (was Re: Origin of ethics and morals)

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Dec 22 14:51:16 UTC 2011

Il 22/12/2011 13:15, Stefano Vaj ha scritto:
> This is not a religious dogma for me, so I am ready to review my opinion
> on the subject, but the typical examples of technological stagnation and
> final fall of slavery-based economies would be the Roman Empire, the
> Confederation in the American Civil War and Banana Republics in Latin
> America. The typical examples of higher productivity and growth rate in
> countries with relatively very highly paid manpower would be in fact
> Germany and Japan - not to mention Northern Italy, at least for a while.

Another example is the post Black Death Western Europe (mainly Holland).
There the lack of manpower forced the breaking of the guilds power and
allowed the introduction of many technical improvement in the textile
production. This contributed to make a place famous for swamps one of
the richer places of Europe.

Mirco