[ExI] Fermi question, was is a FTL drive a dream

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 24 16:51:44 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson

>... how would we tell a star was dimmer unless we measured the brightness
before and after the civilization had created their Dyson swarm or whatever
it was that dimmed the star? Is there a way to tell it's dimmer than it
should be without having measured it's brightness before?...Is there
something about the spectrum of a star that tells us how bright it should
be?  -Kelly

Yes, there would be an absorption spectrum signature.  It doesn't just dim.
It dims in a particular way.  We have no known candidates for an MBrain. Or
a Dyson swarm.