[ExI] Maximum heart rate

Kryonica kryonica at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 11:14:21 UTC 2011

Very interesting indeed.  I was struck by how similar the test exercises given ( Max Heart Rate test 1 and 2) are to my cycling fitness programs: Les Mills RPM, 45 min indoor cycling classes with instructors telling you when and how to raise/lower the chain strength. The 10-15 min warm up, then work up to max heart rate, then allow the legs to spin, then repeat 2 times.  Our classes finish with stretching which is essential after biking.  I even add an extra stretching program after each class to make sure I lengthen my muscles because while cycling pumps your heart it can stiffen your hamstrings and calves.