[ExI] how did high heels happen?

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Tue Dec 27 22:12:46 UTC 2011

> Has
> anyone any speculations or theories that could explain why a little girl
> would be inclined to wear something that is uncomfortable, impractical and
> discouraged by her own parents?

You said it: "discouraged by her parents".

Better look out, she's starting young! :)))  /teasing

Seriously:
When our DD wanted high heels (at about that age) we went to the local thrift shop
and bought her a pair of silver heels. She was delighted. *I* was disgusted as the
heels were missing their little rubber caps and poked some holes in our new
shinyl-vinyl flooring. :( Of course the things didn't fit right so she didn't wear
them much.

Dressups was the name of the game, and even my dear son dressed up in a bridesmaid
dress and big floppy hat! All the kids loved dressing up, and there's no doubt about
it, women's clothing is more colorful and exotic since our menfolk don't wear great
robes, skirts, feathers, jewelry, etc.

We even found a couple of thrift shop wigs, a long blonde and a short brown.

It's the power of imagination.

Regards,
MB