[ExI] Oxford scientists edge toward quantum PC with 10b qubits.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 1 18:11:22 UTC 2011

On Jan 31, 2011, at 1:08 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> Another test... suppose that I subscribed an artificial intelligence program to this list.

Why do you subscribed an artificial intelligence program to this list?

> That's a bit easier

Easier is the key.

> So perhaps I suggest a new test. If a computer is smart enough to get
> admitted into Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University is the key.

> you don't have to do the processing in real time as with a chat program.

You could be right about that.

> I suppose that's just another emergent aspect of the human brain.

Why do suppose that's just another emergent aspect of the human brain?

> There seems to be a supposition by some (not me) that to be
> intelligent, consciousness is a prerequisite.

You could be right about that.

> Once again, we run into another definition issue.

Run into is the key.

> Why do you sat Watson knows that 'Sunflowers' was painted by 'Van Gogh

Why do you sat?

> Maybe this still doesn't make total sense

You could be right about my hovercraft being full of eels.

 John K zzzzzzz 1521 buffer overflow error module 429232