[ExI] Watson On Jeopardy

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Feb 15 20:05:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 09:45:29AM -0800, spike wrote:

> On the other hand, perhaps we want to do AI in such a way that it can only

We want AI that works. It yet doesn't.

> run on high-end low-latency processors.  Then it continues to need humans to

Computer performance required for AI needs massive parallelism,
and currently the computational resources of the entire Earth.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/early/2011/02/09/science.1200970.abstract

> make it more processors in which to replicate.

The smaller the structures, the less the amount of human
meat left in the loop (due to them being a source of
particulate contaminants fouling up your process).

One of the core characteristic of human-competitive
intelligence is that it first matches, then surpasses
human performance. Across the board.

Which means that the entire supply chain will be one:
not human.