[ExI] Time magazine cover story on the singularity

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 18 21:06:10 UTC 2011

On Feb 18, 2011, at 12:33 PM, Darren Greer wrote:

>  how you would make money off the singularity I don't know.

I know how to make money off the singularity, sell everything you own and borrow every nickel you can and then use the money to short bonds. But you will have to wait until we get to the point where even Mr. Joe Average expects the singularity to happen in his lifetime. When that happens we can expect a HUGE increase in interest rates, because after the singularity one of 2 things is certain to happen:

1) Paying off that huge debt will be easy with Mr. Joe Average being the master of Nanotechnology.

2) The singularity will kill Mr. Joe Average.

Either way money in the future will be worth far less than money in the present to Mr. Joe Average, so the logical thing to do is cheerfully take on a crushing debt.

 John K Clark