[ExI] Call To Libertarians

F. C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Sat Feb 19 19:36:42 UTC 2011

Here I have to disagree with both Spike and Loosemore

spike wrote:
>> ... On Behalf Of Richard Loosemore
>> ... people coming together and realizing that it is in everyone's best
>> interest if the community is forced to pool their resources to pay for
>> things like roads and theaters and bridges and schools and police
forces...

I was going to write a long response but Spike quoted the key passage from
the post. Consider the phrase "community is forced" to do things.   The
libertarian approach is "individuals and groups voluntarily" do things.

If anyone want an over simplified bumper sticker summary of the
libertarian approach; it is "Anything that is peaceful".

>  People coming together for roads, bridges, schools and
> police, yes.  Theatres?  No.

Spike I think you are fundamentally mistaken. There is no reason why roads,
bridges, schools or police can not be created by non-governmental means.

Fred