[ExI] Brief correction re Western Democracies [WASI am Call To Libertarians]

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 09:50:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:15 PM, spike  wrote:
> Don't worry, BillK.  There is a culture spreading across Europe which is
> diametrically opposed to libertarianism.  I understand it is growing quite
> popular in places such as France and Italy.  Thirty years from now, the
> total disaster and chaos will be the result of any serious attempt to resist
> this growing anti-libertarian culture, such as by allowing your wife or
> daughter go outdoors uncovered.

Yes, but.........   societies change anyway.

Sociology shows that people who have large families in their original
country (because so many children die) find that succeeding
generations growing up in the West have smaller families and their
Western children demand more freedom. There is much stress in
immigrant family groups because of these changes.

I also understand there is a bit of excitement sweeping through
countries like Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, etc. at present.  Societies are
always in a state of flux.
The USA of 2011 is very different from the USA of 1950.

BillK