[ExI] Economic liberalism vs. conservatism: Why the debate here?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Feb 23 09:35:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 12:09:23AM -0800, AlgaeNymph wrote:

>> Who is this 'we' kemo sabe?
>
> Us transhumanists.

Absolutely not. Some transhumanists who are subscribed
to a mailing list. Do you see all the non-participants
non-participating vigorously?

>> Do we have a budget?
>
> So we should just not even bother?  I'm not saying we need a mass media

A herd of cats attempts to appeal to dogs. (Why, actually?)

> blitz, just that we should look for how we're looking bad, figure out

A herd of cats cannot form a common front. Particularly, a common
front appealing to dogs. The easiest way is to hire a dog with
a good track record.

> why, and respond to that on an individual level.  The closest to
> mass-anything I can think of doing is creating a how-to guide for anyone
> who wants to start up their own advocacy group.

A group targeting whom? Advocating what? Advocating how?
What is the added value to the target audience?