[ExI] General comment about all this quasi-libertarianism discussion

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 22:37:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Eugen Leitl  wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not interested in libertarian fantasies. Just emergent higher
> co-operative behaviour as a side effect of smarter agents. It's
> probably a series of spatiotemporal phase transitions, according to
> what little we know from ALife simulations.

Is that an assumption I see before me?

Are you assuming that smarter agents will be more co-operative?

I doubt that all the agents will all be equally smart at the same
time. And discrepancies in smartness tend to give the smarter entities
the opportunity to advantage themselves at the expense of the less
smart.

The chaos that this will cause may drive smarter agents to form
Borg-like co-operative intelligences. Is this what you see in the
future?

BillK