[ExI] General comment about all this quasi-libertarianism discussion

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 15:01:33 UTC 2011

Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> suggested:

> Which is to say:  if you think these
> libertarian/anarchist proposals are
> so great, WHERE IS THE CODE?
>
> I mean that literally.  Where are your system
> simulations, which show
> that society will remain stable when, for example, most
> government
> funded institutions are abolished?  Where are your
> simulations...?

Nice idea.

What would it take to create and run a series of simulation experiments, that we can visit, like Second Life or more likely Sim City, that contains lots of agents representing all kinds of v.1.0 humans, living in a particular society for long enough to get a good idea of the direction the society was going in?  This could be run many times, with different scenarios, and test out some of these ideas that are being bruited about here?

I'm sure this list has enough relevant talent and resources to give something like this a decent try.

Possibly a game environment would be a good basis, but run as a sim, not a game, i.e. the majority of the action would be carried out by software agents, not game players.

Might something like this be able to weed out the more unlikely ideas?

I'd love to see how an Abundance Economy scenario would pan out (like Iain M Bank's Culture, but without the FTL travel).

Ben Zaiboc