[ExI] General comment about all this quasi-libertarianism discussion

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Sun Feb 27 23:52:44 UTC 2011

Damien B wrote:

>Another wince, reminding me that Kelly also asked if Samantha had
>ever heard of Moore's Law. Newbies need to bear in mind that if
>you're excited about X, chances are it's been a much-hashed-over
>topic here for a decade or two.

It's like each generation thinking they discovered sex.

On the other hand, when newbies are excited about X, we coelacanths
need a measure of patience. T'other day I refrained from noting that
we'd talked a given topic to death in 1992.

Just as well we're living in the pre-immortallish years. Once we're
into the long time, it's harder to qualify as an cranky old coot.

-- David.