[ExI] FW: [ExtroBritannia] Transcending the Human, DIY Style

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun Jan 2 21:39:49 UTC 2011

Lepht is is not using DIY bio effectively or smartly.  She may possibly be a
"cutter" and lacking in any medical knowledge of batteries and the fact that
the battery will have to be removed, and she can easily have issues with
rejection.  (Stelarc has a major problem with his implant, and that implant
was his own tissue!).  I have applied add-on and add-in adjustments to my
physiology as a biological artist (bioartist doing biology) and believe me,
they are not fun or easy and are very painful and my own body rejected the
elements and I had months of pain and multiple antibiotics to deal with my
immune system and allergic reaction to the medicine.

Anyone working in DIY bio needs to have a little medical background.  Anyone
working in DIY transhumanism bio needs to know what transhumanism  means and
they DIY bio, if transhumanist in scope, is based on more than just putting
things in our bodies.

Natasha

Natasha Vita-More