[ExI] atheists declare religions as scams

*Nym* nymphomation at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 19:07:41 UTC 2011

On 4 January 2011 18:32, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> These other five religions have a symbol, a cross, a six pointed star,
> crescent and star, and so forth.  Agnostics and atheists should have a
> symbol too, so they can have something to carve on a gravestone, should they
> opt for one.  For agnostics I propose a question mark.  That was easy.
>
> Atheists are more difficult, but we could imagine the international no
> symbol (the circle with the diagonal) with nothing in it, so it's no
> nothing.  Or perhaps a question mark inside the slash circle, meaning
> there's no question about it, there's no god.  Or a circle with a partial
> line thru it with a gap in the diagonal, which means "Ask a hipster what
> that means," at which time you will learn it means there is something, just
> not a god or gods.  Or just a simple capital A.  I am told there are no
> atheists in foxholes, so perhaps we need a symbol meaning no foxholes, but I
> don't know how to draw that.
>
> Are there already symbols for agnostics and atheists?

The only widely known one is the Atheists of America one, which is a
bit complex as religious symbols go. Saw a few scarlet As when we
protested the pope* in London last year with Dawkins and co..

See: http://www.religioustolerance.org/atheist6.htm
* http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7081314&l=44a8af41ef&id=582689147
* http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7081316&l=0595a2bb1a&id=582689147

HTH

Heavy splashings,
Thee Nymphomation

'If you cannot afford an executioner, a duty executioner
will be appointed to you free of charge by the court'