[ExI] Fw: Re: simulation as an improvement over reality

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 19:53:50 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Weeeelll...
>
>  If one of a set of copies in lock-step shoots itself, so do
>  all the others!

That is true of shared volition.  What if we externally shoot one of the copies?

Does that break the synchronization?  Are two identities created by
our act of attempting to kill one of the redundancies of a primary
identity?  (assuming a non-fatal shot)

"I'm sorry, you were part of a union that comprised a redundant
identity but due to a system malfunction aka bullet through processing
unit #7 you came into existence.  It's morally difficult to turn you
off as a mere defect since you are still aware enough to object.  Your
first order of self-preservation will be to secure a redundant copy of
your own (now unique) process."