[ExI] one way trip to mars

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:42:00 UTC 2011

Volunteers, yes.

Qualified volunteers?  Not as many.

People who don't run a very high risk of messing things up and turning it into
a disaster, which could be foreseen way in advance?  Per the article:

"There will be tremendous public and political opposition from many members
of the public to a mission which can only end in death."

In so far as the mission takes any degree of public (government) resources,
which a near future mission to Mars is likely to do, it is the public's and
politicians' place to object.