[ExI] Reframing transhumanism as good vs. evil

AlgaeNymph algaenymph at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 20:14:33 UTC 2011

A while age in college, I was in a speech class where one of the things
we did was have a group critique our ideas.  I had an idea to speak
about transhumanism, to which one of my classmates rather indignantly
asked me why I wanted to advocate biotech enhancement instead of medicine.

That's the problem we have.  Even when we're not seen as evil, we're
seen as selfish nerds who are utterly indifferent to it.  The sad thing
is I find myself almost believing this.  Causes that comedians can't
brand as outright evil or obvious spin are pretty much about fighting
evil and/or saving innocents.  Citizen heroics, basically.

What kind of citizen heroics do *we* have?